“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

Thursday 20 December 2012

my day today

So today at work has been most unproductive... I worked yesterday and the rest of the year, but today for some odd reason I've done nothing of note - at least where my company is concerned...

My day so far... I spent a great deal of my day planning the zombie apocalypse happening tomorrow (I'm planning on surviving #justsaying), I have even convinced a guy I know to carry a crossbow and a baseball bat around to ward off zombies. We will be in the country with the other survivors (I might have watched one too many zombie movies, eish).

Well other than that I found out that Miss SA did not win the Miss Universe pageant, shame. And that we have only won the Miss Universe pageant once, but we have won Miss World twice and that there is something called Miss Earth (which is the only pageant I'll consider entering - after my short lived modelling career in which I took a top 10 spot for amazing hair and the one judge commented on my face as being interesting, not sure how that should go down). But I can't as I am too short. *sigh* I also learnt that Miss Earth is not necessarily environmentally friendly, just pretty (still too short). Also a boy who went to school with me won Mr SA last year.

This is what happens when I have no work at all and twitter is flooded with people commenting on the Miss Universe pageant.

For lunch I had a dessert pizza (nutella, flake and jellytots), why you may ask... because I can! It was way too much sweets though and I only ended up eating about 3 slices. 3 very yummy slices. I felt very grown up when the 12 year old at the next table ordered a salad...

After lunch I also read up on the Mayan Calendar  which is actually no threat at all. These people just kept time a bit differently than we do today. And apparently it is quite clear for some scholars that the Mayan system envisages a new cycle of the calendar beginning on the 22 Dec 2012. Out with the old in with the new:)



O well, so my day has been unbelievably unproductive on the long run, but no serious damage done... (Oh, and I bought a sudoku book to keep me entertained in case of emergency boredom...)

No comments:

Post a Comment