“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

Monday 3 December 2012

End of the world?

It might almost be the end of the world as we know it... or it might not. As you would know if you have been reading my posts regularly (or as regular as I seem to remember to post them), you might have realized that I am a spiritual girl. I believe in the creation of all things by God and in the good of all that He does.

I however also believe that we have a purpose to live out and if I have fulfilled my purpose by the end of this year, mine was but a small one. See I do not believe in mediocrity any more - all we do, should be done to the best of our abilities and should be beyond what anyone expected of us. Always rise above and beyond the expectations of your worst critic.

It is a new month, the last of the year 2012. Maybe the "end of the world", as I so fondly call it, is not literally the end of the world, but rather the death of the old and the end of mediocrity. It is (and definitely has been) a period of change. A change of opinions, people, circumstances and relations.

As for me I'm excited to see what each new day, month and year might bring. New people, opportunities and a changing of times. I will continue to strive to be a set apart young woman, who loves fiercely (sometimes not reciprocated as much as I might wish), believes in the good of people and in the possibility of anything and everything.
Fire and Ice

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment