“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

Thursday 15 November 2012

Time

This morning while driving to work there was a really ambitious driver in the lane next to me. He was in his brand new sports car slipping in between lanes and still ending up right next to me at every intersection. In traffic it is impossible (or actually just very dangerous) to be overly ambitious. Eventually the sports car got his gap and sped towards his destination, finally getting a whole traffic light on me. While driving I thought about the sports car, but lo and behold not for long. One of the lanes up ahead started merging into another lane because of an accident up ahead, while driving slowly past the accident scene I saw my sports car friend standing next to his now very dented car. He had driven into someone's behind.

Sometimes I have impatient tendencies in traffic, but as the little sports car just reminded me again - nothing comes from rushing. After seeing his bad fortune I put my music a bit louder and danced to my beat, being thankful for this hour in my day that I don't have to do anything but drive and I don't have to be anyone except me.

Every hour of each day is so filled with have to's and need to's and get to's. You have 24 hours each day. suppose you have 7 hours sleep, 8 hours at work (plus lunch makes it 9), I travel to and from work that's another 2 hours gone, get ready for work in the morning for another hour (which is what it takes to be kind of awake and get ready) go to the gym in the afternoon (a very recent development in my calendar) for another hour. That is 20 hours right there that is gone. Now I still have to pray, eat, shower, and do chores. So what is left of life. Except the say 3 or 2 hours in the evening.

Most people use those 2 / 3 hours to stare at that electronic box that we created to waste time. We don't spend any quality time with those around us and those which we claim to love. What do you make and use your time for?

A wise person (I can't remember who) once said... Show me your diary and I'll show you what's the most important thing in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment