“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Like a Flake

I fear that I have a very bad memory. I almost forgot about blogging entirely - after just 2 posts. *sigh*. I have a bad memory and a short attention span, which is not always the best combination. I struggle to watch a movie without falling asleep and get distracted almost as easily as my Yorkie.

These aren't my best qualities and they have caused my life to stray every so often. I try my best to be my best, but get distracted along the way by something that seems more fun, or I just forget what my goals were. I have tried writing them down and setting definite goals, dreams and sometimes plain delusions, but either I forget where I wrote them down or I just plain forget to read them.

I have thus decided that planning does not work for me, I love making all kinds of lists, but can't follow them for the life of me. I would rather live life than list it... I don't know if it makes sense.

Who doesn't love a Flake?
Dreaming big and then waking up and forgetting the dream is something I have become to accustomed to. I know that this also makes me seem flaky and distracted to some. I might be. But I know that most of almost everything good that has ever happened to me has been by accident and sometimes a comedy of errors.

I will leave the pen in my Lord's hand, while being willing for anything. I will stop stressing and planning or even stop stressing about my lack of planning and just live simply and love with abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment