“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
― Robert F. Kennedy

Sunday 18 November 2012

Mistakes

As I was speaking to my sister this weekend I again realised how blessed I've been all my life. Even if I screw things up royally, I always seem to end up in a better place than I was before.

I have many regrets, but I would probably make the same mistakes if I had been given a do-over or a return to start card... Every seemingly insignificant thing that happens forms you as a person, it shapes you and defines how you make your choices from here on out.

I learn things by trial and error, and I believe mistakes are only very stupid if you didn't learn something from them. I live and learn, which is the only way I know how to. Some people take life all too seriously, and forget to get the lesson out of each situation. Because most of the time you can get one. One of my all time favorite quotes is from The Lion King, where Rafiki says to Simba:

“Ah, yes the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it”
-Lion King
Those are some wise words for a crazy monkey. But it is true, as soon as you embrace your past you can become who you are now, and who you are at this stage of your life journey. I have recently started making some of my past mistakes, but as soon as I figure out the road I'm taking is one I've been down before and I realize that it is not one that I want to be on or one I particularly liked (some I liked but they were pretty self destructive), I reasess my situation and start looking for alternatives and pray for a different direction.

Let your TEST become your TESTimony and your MESS become your MESSage!

No comments:

Post a Comment